Join us for the launch of the UK’s first Regional Defence & Security Cluster.
“Driving the contribution regional Defence and Security makes to UK Prosperity.”
The South West Regional Defence & Security Cluster (SW RDSC) will be the first pan-Defence & Security (D&S) cluster in the UK. It forms a collaboration led by industry and academia with the support of government and its ministerial departments such as the MOD and its innovation directorate, the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA).
The cluster seeks to aggregate and raise the profile of regional D&S capability to stimulate greater sector knowledge, business, economic growth and productivity across the South West region (Cornwall & IoS, Devon, Somerset & Dorset).
The Regional D&S Cluster aims to apply a ‘Team UK’ approach to enable more joined up working between industry, academia and government, providing an efficient and accessible route to industry curation and the region’s D&S value chain
About this Event
During the Launch Event, you will have the opportunity to hear from regional Strategic Suppliers, SMEs, Front Line Commands, Local Enterprise Partnerships and more. This event will inform any potential members throughout the South West of the aims of the Cluster and the exciting opportunities that it presents.
THE SW RDSC will:
- Provide a clear route for non-traditional suppliers to enter the Defence market.
- Act as the route for SMEs to build relationship with regionally based MOD Strategic Suppliers, and act as an enabler for collaboration.
- Work with DASA to pilot the MOD’s new Innovation Operating Model
- Link directly to Government regional efforts to stimulate UK prosperity.
- Efficiently expose innovators to the innovation challenges faced by MOD (DASA and the FLCs) and similar opportunities from Industry.
- Focus on commercialisation of innovation for UK D&S with consideration of export and cross-sector opportunities.
Whilst the focus is upon the South West’s D&S supply chain, this event is upon to non-traditional D&S suppliers , as well as those not incorporated with the region (Cornwall & IoS, Devon, Somerset & Dorset); This is the first of a national network of RDSC’s.
For further information please visit:
For further information about the South West Regional Defence & Security Cluster, please contact email@example.com